Bad Knee Bikes is proud to present its highest-end model, the BKB-Gold.
This model has some additional options, listed below the following standard features:
All the features of the Bronze model, which is a complete, ridable bike that includes:
- Frame: For the Marin models, we provide the deepest "step through" frame we've ever seen - possibly ever made - for the most easy mounting ever. The step-through height is almost identical to the height of the chainring - hard to beat! And this frame is very light. There are various versions - different sizes and wheels - but a typical example measures around 305 grams! That's less than a pound!
- Torque sensing electric assistance that does not require use of a throttle - but has one anyway as standard. This system is lauded by many because it provides electrical assistance while at the same time retaining a natural bicycle feel. Again, no throttle is required, and it provides power assistance proportional to what the rider provides, with four power settings with the following aproximate boost factors: "off" which is a factor of 1.0 (what you provide in by pedaling is what you get out), "Eco" with 1.33, "Tourist" with 2.0, "Fast" with 3.0, and "Turbo" with whatever the system has to give at about 3.88 to 4.0. See this page to understand these numbers better. Simply put, the system multiplies whatever torque (power) you provide, and to know the result, multiply what you do by the factors provided. This can assist those in injury recovery, or the throttle can be used for those who cannot pedal.
- Power: Our standard motor system has a nominal 48 volts and is rated at 500 watts and 15A but is capable of more. There are options. We can provide motors that are nominally rated at 750 watts and 18A, though the nominal watts is likely much higher (see this page for a discussion). Or, European customers, in particular, may wish a lower-powered system due to legal restrictions with speed regulation. (The standard unit has speed limitation as an option.) And, we can offer a "high cadence" unit - please see this page for a discussion of what that's about.
- Battery: The standard battery we provide, presuming the standard motor, is rated at over 12 Ah, and, depending on tires chosen, their inflation and a host of other factors, has proven to us is capable of over 90 pedaling-assisted miles, and around 25 miles without any pedaling. And, our standard batteries include all manner of high-end features, including blue-tooth reporting of any problems, so disassembling the battery is often not required for diagnostics. It's, of course, lithium ion technology, and capable of 500 or more cycles. Please see this page for more information about our batteries.
- An otherwise great bike, with aluminum rims, and high-end, name-brand components throughout.
- Manufacturer's warrantees are provided with most all components.
All the features of the Silver model, which, in addition to what the Bronze model provides, include:
- A suspension fork front suspension.
- A suspension seat.
- A rear luggage rack.
- Head and tail lamps.
- High-end tires and tubes that help prevent flats.
- "Old-School" kickstand that supports the bike vertically.
- Trailer hitch.
And, in addition to what the Silver model provides, it includes these features, unique to the Gold model:
- A front basket that's easily removable with lock and 2 keys to help prevent theft.
- Superior electrical system including:
- Brake light that's integral with the tail light,
- Turn signals, front and rear.
- A small electrical transformer that steps down from the "traction battery" down to nominal 12v so that automotive and motorcycle accessories can be used.
- An "automotive accessory" 12v socket (aka the socket for a "cigarette lighter")
- Depending on battery chosen, at least three USB charging recepticals, at least two of them rated at 2.1A.
- A rider-accessable four-fuse fuse box to protect the wiring and components.
- Trailer lighting wiring loom for simple plug-in of trailer lights including 5 wires:
- Running lights.
- Brake light.
- Turn signals left, and right.
- Ground - the return wire for all trailer lighting.
Options for this model include:
- Tires / Wheels
- Motor (cadence) - Our system's electrical assistance cuts out at around 90 pedal-RPM, often called "cadence". For some riders, this is too low. We can accommodate a significantly higher cadence, up to around 120 PRPM.Battery - There are various brands of cells available with which to make a battery. Read about what we offer here.
- Brakes - DUAL rim and disk brakes, rider-selectable (while riding) for the ultimate in safety, reliability, and heat dissipation.
Feel free to call us at 510-717-6942, and please note that we're in the Pacific Time Zone. You can also email us at Sales@BadKneeBikes.com.
Bad Knee Bikes is dedicated to providing quality bicycles for the discerning bicyclist.
Read Our Terms & Conditions. and our Terms Of Service.